est. May 1999
PIHG operates as a New Generation Cooperative from the town of Dauphin, Manitoba. Membership is open to any Canadian with an interest in the Industrial Hemp industry and farmers interested in production contracts with us. An application for membership must be made to the board of directors for approval. The membership fee is $10.00 (CAD). Each member also pays an Annual Due of $100 +GST, billed in January of each year.
- Potential for annual patronage payment and an equity account that grows over time
- Opportunity to get involved as a board director
- Add value to your business by becoming part of the Industrial Hemp industry
- Access to hemp grain marketing opportunities
- Access to high quality genetics bred in-house at a low-cost
- Educational programs, networking, field days and workshops
- A voice in determining how our co-operative can best serve the hemp industry and our members
- Production and technology updates
- Assistance with your Health Canada Licensing application
- Access to Industrial Hemp Production Manual(s)
- Provide jobs and economic growth to the Parkland Area
Why are Members Charged an Annual Due?
Your annual dues are an important source of revenue for the Co-op as they fund our Plant Breeding Program. PIHG is very proud of the Plant Breeding Program that we run here as it ensures our members have access to high quality genetics and seed. Your dues are used to pay for an Agronomist to run our program as well as equipment, seed, lab testing, plot rental, plot inspections, variety certification, plot rouging and plot harvesting. Because of our member’s commitment to running our program, our genetics have become very desirable by both Canadian and American farmers and have been used by many universities and labs for their research projects. We continue to strive to improve our genetics to meet market needs as well as the needs of farmers for crop diversification, ease of production and ease of access to seed stock.